After the lighter and shorter sessions of the Summer, our Fall session offers a 12 week-long course.
If interested or after purchasing your class, please send us your contact details. We will need to contact you to give you details about your upcoming class. Thank you !
No refund can be made after the first week of class.
Contact us HERE | (480)948-0728 | email@example.com
- Non-beginners MUST take the placement test BEFORE classes start, please click here to take the test
- MUST be a member to participate: click HERE to register
- Please purchase your books with your teacher
- A minimum of 4 participants is required to open a class
- Payments can be made online or via cash & checks.
- Regular Class hours are susceptible to change.
- Fall Session 2018
- Duration: 12 weeks
- Monday, September 3rd to Saturday December 1st
- EARLY BIRD: Monday, August 13th to Sunday, August 19th
- No class on Thanksgiving week - AF closed Monday, November 19th to Saturday, November 24th
- 1 class /week
- 2 hour-class
- Mondays 2:30-4:30 pm: Intermediate
- Mondays 5-7 pm: Conversation
- Mondays 6-8 pm: Beginners (no previous French)
- Tuesdays 6-8 pm: Advanced Beginners
- Tuesdays 6-8 pm: Intermediate
- Wednesdays 6-8 pm: Intermediate
- Wednesdays 5-7 pm: Advanced Beginners
- Thursdays 6-8 pm: Beginners (some French)
- Saturdays 9-11 am: Beginners (no previous French)
- Basic A1 - Breakthrough / Découverte
Can understand and use familiar everyday expressions and very basic phrases aimed at the satisfaction of needs of a concrete type. Can introduce him/herself and others and can ask and answer questions about personal details such as where he/she lives, people he/she knows and things he/she has. Can interact in a simple way provided the other person talks slowly and clearly and is prepared to help.
Basic A2 - Waystage / Intermédiaire
Can understand sentences and frequently used expressions related to areas of most immediate relevance (e.g. very basic personal and family information, shopping, local geography, employment). Can communicate about simple and routine tasks requiring a simple and direct exchange of information on familiar and routine matters. Can describe in simple terms aspects of his/her background, immediate environment and matters in areas of immediate need.
- Independant B1 - Threshold / Seuil
Can understand the main points of clear standard input on familiar matters regularly encountered in work school, leisure, etc. Can deal with most situations likely to arise while traveling in an area where the language is spoken. Can produce simple connected text on topics that are familiar or of personal interest. Can describe experiences and events, dreams, hopes and ambitions and briefly give reasons and explanations for opinions and plans.
- Independant B2 - Vantage / Avancé
Can understand the main ideas complex text on both concrete and abstract topics, including technical discussions in his/her field of specialization. Can interact with a degree of fluency and spontaneity that makes regular interaction with native speakers quite possible without strain for either party. Can produce clear, detailed text on a wide range of subjects and explain a viewpoint on a topical issue giving the advantages and disadvantages of various options.
- Proficient C1 - Effective Operational Proficiency / Autonomie
Can understand a wide range of demanding, longer texts, and recognize implicit meaning. Can express him/herself fluently and spontaneously without much obvious searching for expressions. Can use language flexibly and effectively for social, academic and professional purposes. Can produce clear, well-structured, detailed text on complex subjects, showing controlled use of organizational patterns, connectors and cohesive devices.
- Proficient C2 - Mastery / Maîtrise
Can understand with ease virtually everything heard or read. Can summarize information from different spoken and written sources, reconstructing arguments and accounts in a coherent presentation. Can express him/herself spontaneously very fluently and precisely, differentiating finer shades of meaning even in more complex situations.